Electric Power & Utilities/star delta motor troubleshooting

Question
I have a 30 hp ac motor. we sent it out for repair. when it came back it was a different motor. same voltage and amp rating. I wired it in using the original diagrams. now when in starting it runs fine at 23 amps on 3 phases 480 AC. when it switches to high it stops. no current on any of 6 power wires. 480vac on all 6 wires. Our original control wiring is still as it was when the motor was sent out for rewind. If this motor is phased differently than the original would this cause this problem? We also sent it back to see if it was rewound properly. checked by repair company. all good. what can i do now to troubleshoot this problem?

Answer
Not much I can help you with here. It would appear there is something wired incorrectly in the run starters.

For wye start, lines should be 1,2,3, 4-5-6 joined.

For delta run, lines will be 1-6, 2-4, 3-5.

Phasing of the motor would need to be done at your location, for correct rotation. Checking voltage should be done with lines disconnected from the motor, as you could get a feedback reading through the windings.

Electric Power & Utilities

Charles C. Jones