Electric Power & Utilities/condenser fan motor testing

Question
found my 230v heat pump condenser fan running,but very slowly. I checked the motor winding resistance and found normal reading, about 50ohms with no grounds. When I turned the fan motor by hand, the ohm reading would fluctuate. Is this a bad spot in the windings or is that normal?

Answer
A ohm test is only accurate if you know the original values from the factory. In our shop the only test we performed where a bearing, (movement up and down in the vertical plane) insulation (ground) and voltage/amperage test. Failure of any test, and the motor was scrapped. It is not economical to repair these motors. Before I did anything, I would check the motor running capacitor.  

Electric Power & Utilities

Charles C. Jones