Electric Power & Utilities/Air condition circuit

Question
Hello  Bob Mossman
Does the N.E.C says any thing about connecting more than one air conditioner on a circuit? I am working on a new house and wanted to know if it is possible to connect two air conditioner on a circuit and still have it pass requirements for Instillation from the power company.
one a.c uses 10 amps, I am planning to use a #10 wire for the circuit and a 30 amp double breaker (since it is 220v) please note that only the two air conditioner will be on that circuit.

sincerely
Reiley

Answer
Reiley,

Yes you can have 2 AC units on the same circuit as long as its sized correctly. Regardless of what type of load(s)it is the circuit must be able to support it.

The utility has no input on the sizes or quantity of circuits with in a home. That is figured out by qualified professionals who then spec the size of the Electric service that is needed to serve those loads.

Bob

Electric Power & Utilities

PV Electric Bob Mossman