Electric Power & Utilities/Air condition circuit

Hello  Bob Mossman
Does the N.E.C says any thing about connecting more than one air conditioner on a circuit? I am working on a new house and wanted to know if it is possible to connect two air conditioner on a circuit and still have it pass requirements for Instillation from the power company.
one a.c uses 10 amps, I am planning to use a #10 wire for the circuit and a 30 amp double breaker (since it is 220v) please note that only the two air conditioner will be on that circuit.

Yes you can have 2 AC units on the same circuit as long as its sized correctly. Regardless of what type of load(s)it is the circuit must be able to support it.

The utility has no input on the sizes or quantity of circuits with in a home. That is figured out by qualified professionals who then spec the size of the Electric service that is needed to serve those loads.

Electric Power & Utilities

PV Electric Bob Mossman

Master Electrician licensed (29 years) 6165B Contractor in Closter New Jersey with 38 years total experience in Residential - Commercial - Industrial work. Emergency Service - General trouble shooting and repair work - Paddle fans - Kitchen & Bath exhaust fans - AC lines - Smoke detectors - Telephone lines - Cable TV lines - Computer network cabling - Exterior lighting - Recessed lighting - Security lighting - (200 - 150 - 100 amp service up grades) - Electric Heat - New circuits - New appliance hook ups - Back up generators - and more ! FREE ESTIMATES Fully insured 201-358-1552

Licensed contractor in Closter New Jersey.

Lowes for Pro's