Electric Power & Utilities/Table saw 1Hp motor sears

I have a sears table saw motor model 113.1247 . When it's plugged into electric the motor starts and shakes and then blows the circuit won't stay running and shakes a lot any help or answers ? Thank u!

First,unplug the saw, then take a air hose and blow out the motor. Sometimes dust can get between the points of the start switch. If that is not the problem, then you must check the start capacitor. Look for signs of cracking, or a bulge in the hole at the connectors. Most electric repair shops may test it for free. Anything beyond this may require dis-assembly of the motor. This should be done by a service center.

Electric Power & Utilities

Charles C. Jones

Let Me help you with your problems with single phase and three phase electric motors. I can tell you how to troubleshoot your motor problems. From simple testing of capacitors, how to test your windings, replacing bearings, and general maintenance. Before we go any further, remember these words of advice: Disconnect the power before you do anything! Please limit your questions to electric motors and there immediate components. I review each question, and if I can answer or help, then I will. If you receive a rejection, it means it is out of my expertise, and just do not have the answer. I'll be waiting for your question.

I have 40 years experience in the repair of electric motors and related equipment. I am a master machinist in the field of motor repair. I was employed with my company for 35 years, but retired in May of 2013. The downside to that is I lost access to a lot of technical data. I will still try to give you the most accurate advice that I can.

Former member EASA