Electric Power & Utilities/doerr 3hp electric motor

I have a doerr electric motor LR22132 3hp 230volt only 15amp motor ref R603999CE863 the guy i got it from had it rolling around in the back of his pickup and the start winding capacitor got knocked off and lost. I need any information I can get so I can get a new one. A friend  told me it needed to be 250 volt but with out a value? you don't know which one to get.

I thought I answered this already but All Experts says I didn't.

Anyway as you may know Doerr is no longer in buisness. You have to do some research on the approximate sizes of "start" capacitors for 3 HP motors. There is information out there on the internet you just have to find it. Once you get an approximte idea you could buy a few different values and try each one. See which one gets you close to "name plate" rated amps and best performance. You will have to connect the motor to what ever it is its supposed to drive before you do this so your testing it under actual load conditions.

Electric Power & Utilities

PV Electric Bob Mossman

Master Electrician licensed (29 years) 6165B Contractor in Closter New Jersey with 38 years total experience in Residential - Commercial - Industrial work. Emergency Service - General trouble shooting and repair work - Paddle fans - Kitchen & Bath exhaust fans - AC lines - Smoke detectors - Telephone lines - Cable TV lines - Computer network cabling - Exterior lighting - Recessed lighting - Security lighting - (200 - 150 - 100 amp service up grades) - Electric Heat - New circuits - New appliance hook ups - Back up generators - and more ! FREE ESTIMATES Fully insured 201-358-1552

Licensed contractor in Closter New Jersey.

Lowes for Pro's