Electric Power & Utilities/doerr 3hp electric motor

Question
I have a doerr electric motor LR22132 3hp 230volt only 15amp motor ref R603999CE863 the guy i got it from had it rolling around in the back of his pickup and the start winding capacitor got knocked off and lost. I need any information I can get so I can get a new one. A friend  told me it needed to be 250 volt but with out a value? you don't know which one to get.

Answer
Steven,

I thought I answered this already but All Experts says I didn't.

Anyway as you may know Doerr is no longer in buisness. You have to do some research on the approximate sizes of "start" capacitors for 3 HP motors. There is information out there on the internet you just have to find it. Once you get an approximte idea you could buy a few different values and try each one. See which one gets you close to "name plate" rated amps and best performance. You will have to connect the motor to what ever it is its supposed to drive before you do this so your testing it under actual load conditions.

Bob

Electric Power & Utilities

PV Electric Bob Mossman