Electric Power & Utilities/CAPACITOR

Question
I have a Allied hay conveyer model 220 with a 2hp ajex motor model 5A7184CFR 43BB WCCW 2 HP 184 FRAME DEG L CODE L RPM 1755 PHASE 1 S/N 418160 115/220  AMPS 24/12   my start capacitor has failed and the info off its is unreadable I need a new capacitor but have no idea what to get

Answer
Start capacitors vary by manufacturers. There is no one size fits all. Try a 300/125 MFD. If it will start your motor under load, then you are good, as it is only in circuit for a split second. As a rule of thumb, get the largest size that will fit in your cover. Just be sure it is a 125 volt capacitor.

Electric Power & Utilities

Charles C. Jones