Electric Power & Utilities/Dayton Motor Wiring Help

Question
DrainMachine.Wiring
DrainMachine.Wiring  
Charles,
I have a drain cleaning machine I picked up at an auction that is missing the switch. It has a Dayton 3/4 hp motor, model 4K783K, 115 or 208/230V. I bought a Gardner Bender on-off-on GSW-16 DPDT Toggle Switch. I am not sure this is the correct switch for this application though. When I received the machine, it was wired so that it had to be unplugged to turn it off, so I know the machine works.

I contacted the manufacturer of the drain machine to get a wiring diagram as I wasn't sure how it should be wired because the switch was missing. See attachment.

I wired it up as it is shown but it does not work. I have a feeling it is the wrong switch or the wiring needs to be changed to work with this switch.

Can you help me?
Thanks

Answer
Your switch will not work. You need a 3P Triple throw. Here is a wiring diagram for 115 volts.

https://flic.kr/p/7KtChF   Wire the white from the foot switch to L1 on the rev switch, and white from the plug to L2 on the rev switch. Black from the plug remains as shown on the foot switch.  

Electric Power & Utilities

Charles C. Jones