You are here:

Electric Power & Utilities/What happens when a person who is a certified electrician in Europe


What happens when a person who is a certified electrician in Europe (does not have the paperwork for the United States) works on electricity in the United States. The inspector in the United States is satisfied that is work passes the inspection. This European is a naturalized US citizen.

The US does not reciprocate electrical licensing or certification with other European countries.

It doesn't matter if the inspector is satisfied with the work.
If the work that was done required a licensed individual in that particular US State then this person has a problem.

Electric Power & Utilities

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


PV Electric Bob Mossman


Master Electrician licensed (29 years) 6165B Contractor in Closter New Jersey with 38 years total experience in Residential - Commercial - Industrial work. Emergency Service - General trouble shooting and repair work - Paddle fans - Kitchen & Bath exhaust fans - AC lines - Smoke detectors - Telephone lines - Cable TV lines - Computer network cabling - Exterior lighting - Recessed lighting - Security lighting - (200 - 150 - 100 amp service up grades) - Electric Heat - New circuits - New appliance hook ups - Back up generators - and more ! FREE ESTIMATES Fully insured 201-358-1552


Licensed contractor in Closter New Jersey.

Lowes for Pro's

©2017 All rights reserved.