Electric Power & Utilities/Dehydrators usage

Question
Mr. Mossman

I have a small business and i am going to use a dehydrator on regular basis : 18hours to 21hours per day.
The machines that i have chosen are not specified to be for commercial purposes.
The one to be for commercial purposes have a Power:600 watt
-Commercial one:
http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/dehydrators/10-tray/stainless-steel-10-tray-w

-The one that i have chosen has also a Power: 600 watt
http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/dehydrators/stainless-steel-dehydrators/stain

Besides other considerations Timer, number of trays, digital controler. I am choosing the second one because of the price is less expensive.

QUESTION
My main concern is the POWER, does an equipment can be used 18 to 22 hours per day with a 600 watts power system?
Does 600 watts determine the capacity of the machine? can i use it everyday?

Thank you

Answer
Claude,

The wattage really has nothing to do with how often you will use it. The wattage of 600 in a sense determines capacity of what it has been designed to do. In other words if you had a similar machine that operated at 1000 watts you would probably expect that it had a greater capacity  than the 600 watt unit do what it was designed to do.

Even though this appliance  does not say specifically that its a commercial piece of equipment, I believe it must be given what it does. So you should be able to use it day in and day out.

Any doubts call the manufacturer

Bob

Electric Power & Utilities

PV Electric Bob Mossman