Electric Power & Utilities/Dehydrators

Question
Mr.Stevens

I have a small business and i am going to use a dehydrator on regular basis : 18hours to 21hours per day.
The machines that i have chosen are not specified to be for commercial purposes.
The one to be for commercial purposes have a Power:600 watt
-Commercial one:
http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/dehydrators/10-tray/stainless-steel-10-tray-w

-The one that i have chosen has also a Power: 600 watt
http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/dehydrators/stainless-steel-dehydrators/stain

Besides other considerations Timer, number of trays, digital controler. I am choosing the second one because of the price is less expensive.

QUESTION
My main concern is the POWER, does an equipment can be used 18 to 22 hours per day with a 600 watts power system?
Does 600 watts determine the capacity of the machine? can i use it everyday?

Thank you

Answer
Claude -
I'm no expert on dehydrators, so I'm just going by what I read on the two web pages you provided.
The units have timers that go for more than a full day, so it appears that they are intended for use as much as the 18-21 hr/day you are planning. Furthermore, the thermostat keeps the temperature below 165F at all times, it seems.
Finally, its power rating is 600 watts, which would presumably include both fan and heater power. So if you're operating it at max temperature, yes, it will  likely be drawing 600 watts or a bit less.
If you operate it 20 hrs per day, the total daily energy consumption could be 20x600 = 12,000 watt-hrs = 12 kWhs. If your electricity costs $0.10/kWh the daily cost to operate the unit for 20 hrs would be about $1.20
Good luck!
Bill

Electric Power & Utilities

W.A. (Bill) Stevens