Electric Power & Utilities/Bedroom Light Turning on by Itself

Question
Hello,

I'm trying to find out what the possible cause could be of my bedroom light turning on by itself. It only happened one time. The light was off, and it spontaneously turned on. The wall switch of course did not move. I should also add that none of the lights in the house were remote controlled. I would like to find the possible electrical causes of this.

Answer
First, I apologize for the delay. My email has been sending some of my mail to the junk file. I would check the switch. It is possible that even though the lever was in the down position, the contact did not fully open. The other thing is a short in the wiring, but I doubt that.

Electric Power & Utilities

Charles C. Jones