Electric Power & Utilities/ITS OPEN

(This is not a spam or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please tell me: is it a fact that if a piece of exposed electrical cord that is not covered is dangerous?

If it is a fact, would you please explain to me in a easy way that I can understand: why is it?

You should treat any exposed wire as if it is "Hot", with current flowing through it. You should disconnect it from the power source, and insulate the bare spot. such as electrical tape. Without being to technical, current (the flow of electrons) always seek out a ground or neutral, to complete a circuit. If you touch a live wire, you will complete the circuit to ground. This could result in a mild shock, or death. I suggest you do some reading about basic electricity. It's amazing the things it can do for us.  

Electric Power & Utilities

Charles C. Jones

Let Me help you with your problems with single phase and three phase electric motors. I can tell you how to troubleshoot your motor problems. From simple testing of capacitors, how to test your windings, replacing bearings, and general maintenance. Before we go any further, remember these words of advice: Disconnect the power before you do anything! Please limit your questions to electric motors and there immediate components. I review each question, and if I can answer or help, then I will. If you receive a rejection, it means it is out of my expertise, and just do not have the answer. I'll be waiting for your question.

I have 40 years experience in the repair of electric motors and related equipment. I am a master machinist in the field of motor repair. I was employed with my company for 35 years, but retired in May of 2013. The downside to that is I lost access to a lot of technical data. I will still try to give you the most accurate advice that I can.

Former member EASA