Electrical Engineering/Mini Operation Theater within Aircraft.

Question
Dear Prof Cleggsan

Is it possible to design a Mini Operation Theater within Aircraft in future by Aircraft Manufacturers ?.

Space could be a constraint in current design of aircraft.

This would be useful for passengers who are small children, adults, pregnant women, old people on aircraft board.

Surgeon will be available on the Airplane to attend emergency medical cases of passengers.

The Mini Operation theater will have facilities such as Blood bottles, ECG Machines, Bloop Pressure Machines, Surgical Instruments, Saline bottles etc.

I feel it will be a value added service offered by Airline carriers / operators.

Remember i use the word "Mini" -> It means that it is not a Big Hospital built within a Commercial Airplane, but a small nursing room having basic facilities.

A Small room built within Aircraft where in emergencies, the passengers can be taken for nursing care.

As i mention before, Announcements will be made before flight departure on the board "Fasten your air belt, flight takeoff will take in moments, there is a Doctor / Medical Practitioner on board who will help you, assist you in emergencies".

Image you are a passenger on the Flight Board, As a customer/passenger of the flight, you will be happy about the caring services offered by the air carrier.

I feel Major airliners (Aviation industry) viz Lufthansa, Delta Airlines, Air India, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airways, Qantas Airways, Singapore Airlines, Jet Airways, Kingfisher Airlines, should take this initiative and see to it that in future, this facility is available to the customers.

For this to happen two things are required to be implemented.

1. Air carriers/operators tie up with Medical Practitioner / Doctors.
2. Airplane manufactures in future design the air crafts for adding a small nursing room for serving the customers in emergencies.

Note :

1. I am putting emphasis on the word "Mini" - i.e. Small.
2. Private Jet i.e. Charter planes may already have these facility inbuilt.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
It sounds like a good idea but I have no expertise in this kind of business.  I suggest you communicate within the airline and travel communities and business leaders.  

But this I can say:  Space is a premium matter for the airline companies and having an empty room built into the interior of the main cabin could be of great concern for them..  

Electrical Engineering

cleggsan