Electrical Engineering/electricution

If a person was electrocuted does that mean they are dead? My son was thrown  into a power line a few years ago.The doctor & the power company said he had been electrocuted. HE IS STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE. He had burn marks coming out of the end of his still toe boots. Or is there a different term for what happened to him.

The answer to your question is contained in these two wiki  pages:

I suppose they used the wrong term. However, the definition of electrocution is not formally given anywhere that I know of.  There is room for improper use of the term perhaps.  But, in the case you referred to it would have been wiser to refer to the incident as an electric shock accident.

Hope this helps.  

Electrical Engineering

All technical areas of Electronics Engineering.

BSEE, MBA, Design, R&D, University Research.
Senior Life Member of IEEE. Life Fellow of AES.

IEEE, Consumer Electronics Society, Audio Engineering Society.
Broad teaching experience; work experience mostly in consumer electronics and conversion from analog to digital technologies. Pioneer in digital audio at all levels.

BSEE (Equiv) BYU BSEE University of North Dakota MSBA (MBA) Illinois State University Graduate Studies in Computer Science - Bradley University Graduate Studies - Ohio University Graduate Studies - University of Missouri Kansas City DeVry Tech - Electronics