Electrical Engineering/Cell Phone Voice Recorder.

QUESTION: Dear Prof Cleggsan

All incoming calls and outgoing calls are to be recorded made to
a cellphone device consumer from land line (wired) and cellphones, smartphones (wireless) devices.

i.e. The consumer can later on play all the calls received and send with the called date and time i.e. audio files.

The above devices mentioned in the link interfaced with the Cell Phone / smartphone device can solve the consumer business needs ?.

Software applications for voice recording on cellphones, smartphones can also address these business needs ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Such devices are now available in the marketplace.

And, there is much software that will convert voice to text using voice recognition software.  In the USA Vonage has that service and will automatically send text of voice message to email account, for example.

The technology for such a system as you propose is available. I think you are just asking about the case of packaging a product with the features you are suggesting.  That is a marketing question and an engineering question, I think.

Hope this helps.

QUESTION: Dear Prof Cleggsan

Thank you.

I Feel this is a critical Business application for all wireless phone devices.

As a example, Businessman interacts with so many people via voice calls
apart from personal calls viz Existing clients, Prospective clients, vendors, suppliers, employees, partners etc. The calls made from his side and the calls which he receives are to be logged in call recording hardware device which is externally interfaced with the wireless phone device.

Call recording software applications built for the wireless phone devices which will record and playback those calls later.

In Fact, i feel this feature is useful for all the consumers who have purchased the wireless phone device.

In terms of second solution, the wireless call recording device (another gadget) will register the consumer wireless cellphone number will work on bluetooth technology, but the consumer has to carry every time along with his cellphone device.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: I see.  It is an easy feature to implement, technically, so, have you wondered why some enterprising carrier has not already offered such a product?

Imagine, if you will, that you are the marketing manager and you have the ideal implementation of such a device.  Write for us the advertising brochure or commercial statement about this product to your potential market base.   That may help us clarify the project trajectory.

QUESTION: Dear Prof Cleggsan

Thank you.

I do not feel there will be any legal implications for building this software applications. But i will still forward my questions to mobile service

Consumers get cellular service from any one of those service providers
on their wireless handsets.

The Mobile service providers will built this service from software
development vendors i.e. The consumer will access the Secured Web application
where all the calls are recorded and played as per the date and time.
The data for each consumer will be kept strictly confidential as the
application data will be secured, and in encrypted form (SSL).
The consumer has to pay to the Mobile Service providers for accessing
and consuming this service.

Mobile Application built on the wireless cell phone / smartphone device by the Software Development vendors via Mobile service providers. The consumer has to approach the Mobile service providers for building the mobile application on
their wireless device. The mobile application will log all calls
(incoming and outgoing) i.e. physically the audio/sound files will be
created and stored on the cell phone memory.

The Software Development vendor will charge the Mobile service provider for building this Software applications in both of the above solutions offered.

1. For both the solutions, the consumer approaching the Software development vendor directly for building this application on his/her wireless device without approaching the Mobile service providers has to be studied.

After getting feedback from Cellular service providers, the picture will become more clearer.

2. There could be technological challenges for building this web, mobile applications.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Legal issues regarding country or local regulations on recording voices of call participants without their permission. In other words in some locations you may have to ask permission to proceed with the recording of their call at the beginning thus leaving all the parties to the communication ability to refuse further conversations.

Voice to text feature may be an important function to include as the storage space in memory is much smaller than analog audio (or digital audio).  A professional consumer may wish to have a written record for business purposes.

Just how to develop the product and market it is a challenge, at least in my mind and may need some prototype units for doing focus group studies would help in product development and subsequent marketing plan.

I think the cellular service providers need not be consulted other than to obtain their authority if needed - you must look at their licensing agreements for all that.  But the real work must be done by the maker of the handset.  Feature additions with softkey setup and establishment of the call recording features must be activated. It effects the hardware and software of the handset....  and memory capacity.  Don't you think?

It is one of your best ideas.  

Electrical Engineering

All technical areas of Electronics Engineering.

BSEE, MBA, Design, R&D, University Research.
Senior Life Member of IEEE. Life Fellow of AES.

IEEE, Consumer Electronics Society, Audio Engineering Society.
Broad teaching experience; work experience mostly in consumer electronics and conversion from analog to digital technologies. Pioneer in digital audio at all levels.

BSEE (Equiv) BYU BSEE University of North Dakota MSBA (MBA) Illinois State University Graduate Studies in Computer Science - Bradley University Graduate Studies - Ohio University Graduate Studies - University of Missouri Kansas City DeVry Tech - Electronics