Electrical Engineering/Closed circuit television camera (CCTV) installations in Locomotives.

Dear Prof Cleggsan

1. Do you feel the CCTC System is feasible to implement in Locomotives ?. The Display control room for monitoring will be in the Motorman's cabin. CCTC Cameras will be installed in all or specific compartments of the Locomotive.

2. Do you feel security will enhance by implementing CCTC Systems in Locomotives ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

New trains systems such as those in Japan and a few in Europe already have video security in place.

Old train systems such as in London and Paris do not have video security yet but are being added I think. I remember riding those trains some years ago and saw video systems being installed on some of the newer train cars.  

Most modern train stations have video surveillance already installed.

This is not an engineering question so my opinion is just that - an opinion of a non-expert.  

Electrical Engineering

All technical areas of Electronics Engineering.

BSEE, MBA, Design, R&D, University Research.
Senior Life Member of IEEE. Life Fellow of AES.

IEEE, Consumer Electronics Society, Audio Engineering Society.
Broad teaching experience; work experience mostly in consumer electronics and conversion from analog to digital technologies. Pioneer in digital audio at all levels.

BSEE (Equiv) BYU BSEE University of North Dakota MSBA (MBA) Illinois State University Graduate Studies in Computer Science - Bradley University Graduate Studies - Ohio University Graduate Studies - University of Missouri Kansas City DeVry Tech - Electronics