Electrical Engineering/Elevators Design for Skyscrapers.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Prof Cleggsan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyscraper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator

Will there be special design considerations for elevators for Skyscraper buildings ?.

Factors like Load capacity, Elevator Speed has to be considered for designing elevators for Tall Buildings ?.

As a example from Ground floor to reach to the Top Floor of the Building might even take 10-15 minutes or more and vice versa ?.  

The Load carrying capacity for elevators will be less for skyscrapers on a safer side ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: This question is way out of my experience area.  I cannot offer any opinion other than to say that the elevators I have taken in various cities around the world are fast and quiet, carry a normal or larger than normal load (say 15 to 25 passengers) and compare favorably with smaller buildings in every way.

I don't know what you call skyscraper level but the tallest building I remember riding personally is a little over 100 floors such as the Empire State Building in NYC, Hancock and Sears Tower in Chicago, etc.  They are all very swift elevators and rise fast enough to take ones breath away if they are ot accustomed to the fast ride.  The cars have normal load size as in smaller buildings.

Good Luck with this strange question!

QUESTION: Dear Prof Cleggsan

Thank you.

Are there Limitations for Building Skyscrapers above a certain
Height ?.

what is the maximum height (feet) for safety limits to which above the skyscraper floor construction could be stressful to the skyscraper ?.

Is this law holds true ?.

The Load carrying capacity of a Elevator is inversely proportional to the Building's Height ?.

i.e. Less Building Height = More Elevator Load capacity.
More Building Height = Less Elevator Load capacity.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Load carrying capacity is likely a function of engine power available to do the lifting.  It does not make sense to keep adding floors to a skyscraper if we can't get the required load to the upper floors.  Their are usually a few banks of elevators which address different groups of foors on most big buildings; this is to optimize energy, traffic flow and lifting requirements.  It is not a simple answer.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/better-faster-taller-how-big-can-buildi

Taller and taller buildings present limitations but only in design,experience, cost and strategy for what is needed.  Surely the higher the more sophisticated and the more gravitational pull must be overcome and so on.  

Happy thinking.  

Electrical Engineering

cleggsan