Electrical Engineering/USB Flash Drive Camera

Dear Prof Cleggsan

Is it possible to integrate Camera electronics (Lens and Camera integrated Circuits) in USB Flash Drive ?.

There will be a Button on the USB Flash Drive to take photos. The Inbuilt memory on the flash drive will capture and store the Photos.

Later on the USB Flash Drive will be integrated with Wi-Fi / Bluetooth technology to transfer Camera images to other Cameras, Smartphones etc.

The Limitations could be the smaller Width and not the Length  
of the Flash Drive.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

The camera electronics are not particularly complex but exacting for reliability in what they must do with each button or feature/operation.

Your idea is a good one but it could be satisfied with a very small camera body and a usb connection out the back end.  I think, but not sure, that I have seen such implementation.

And, of course, their  are many webcams that use usb interface.

and you can find others, I think.

Electrical Engineering

All technical areas of Electronics Engineering.

BSEE, MBA, Design, R&D, University Research.
Senior Life Member of IEEE. Life Fellow of AES.

IEEE, Consumer Electronics Society, Audio Engineering Society.
Broad teaching experience; work experience mostly in consumer electronics and conversion from analog to digital technologies. Pioneer in digital audio at all levels.

BSEE (Equiv) BYU BSEE University of North Dakota MSBA (MBA) Illinois State University Graduate Studies in Computer Science - Bradley University Graduate Studies - Ohio University Graduate Studies - University of Missouri Kansas City DeVry Tech - Electronics