Electrical Engineering/Road Traffic Rule for Driving Age Upper Limit.

Dear Prof Cleggsan

Do yo feel there should be a Road Traffic Rule for Driving Age Upper Limit i.e. Old people who are above 65 and Above should not be allowed to drive private and self owned vehicles ?.

Do you feel because of old age eyesight, the chances of accidents happening might be more o the road and because of this Road Traffic Office should come out with this rule of prohibiting them to drive vehicles on the road ?.  

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I have no comment on this.  There are tons of statistics related to driving age which you should first consult but this is outside the area of Electrical Engineering!

Have a nice day.

By the way, relating to a question from you some while back, here is an invention you might be interested in for your colleagues in India; a very low cost microscope.  Read about it from MIT here:

and here:

Let me know your thoughts about it.  

Electrical Engineering

All technical areas of Electronics Engineering.

BSEE, MBA, Design, R&D, University Research.
Senior Life Member of IEEE. Life Fellow of AES.

IEEE, Consumer Electronics Society, Audio Engineering Society.
Broad teaching experience; work experience mostly in consumer electronics and conversion from analog to digital technologies. Pioneer in digital audio at all levels.

BSEE (Equiv) BYU BSEE University of North Dakota MSBA (MBA) Illinois State University Graduate Studies in Computer Science - Bradley University Graduate Studies - Ohio University Graduate Studies - University of Missouri Kansas City DeVry Tech - Electronics