Electrical Engineering/Pioneer VSX3600 power switch

Question
Hi cleggsan
Trying to find a power supply switch for my old but wonderful (usually) Pioneer receiver. I hate throwing out gear that has given great service and wish to keep it going.

Can you help me find one because I have surfed the internet (inexpertly I might add - I am an old fart) and have not found anything apart from old ones that are complete. Alternatively, are they repairable?

I live in Australia if that is relevant.

Cheers

Ross

Answer
Some parts are still available at:

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/model.asp?modelNum=VSX3600

but not the power switch; however you might quarry them to see if it will become available.

Due to the age of the receiver it will likely become difficult to find a replacement part - and further, it is no easy task to replace it!

Here are a couple of suggestions to consider;

ONE:  Try finding a salvage receiver on eBay or auction site, remove the switch from the salvage unit.

TWO:  Go in and solder the switch wires ON and just unplug the mains power cord when you want it off.  Or, you can get one of these extension cords that have a foot switch inline on the cord.  Or something like that.....

Hope this helps.

PS: Here is one eBay for parts listing:

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Pioneer-VSX-3600-2-Channel-100-Watt-Receiver-/131612975  

Electrical Engineering

cleggsan