Electrical Engineering/Pioneer VSX3600 power switch

Hi cleggsan
Trying to find a power supply switch for my old but wonderful (usually) Pioneer receiver. I hate throwing out gear that has given great service and wish to keep it going.

Can you help me find one because I have surfed the internet (inexpertly I might add - I am an old fart) and have not found anything apart from old ones that are complete. Alternatively, are they repairable?

I live in Australia if that is relevant.

Some parts are still available at:

but not the power switch; however you might quarry them to see if it will become available.

Due to the age of the receiver it will likely become difficult to find a replacement part - and further, it is no easy task to replace it!

Here are a couple of suggestions to consider;

ONE:  Try finding a salvage receiver on eBay or auction site, remove the switch from the salvage unit.

TWO:  Go in and solder the switch wires ON and just unplug the mains power cord when you want it off.  Or, you can get one of these extension cords that have a foot switch inline on the cord.  Or something like that.....

Hope this helps.

PS: Here is one eBay for parts listing:  

Electrical Engineering

All technical areas of Electronics Engineering.

BSEE, MBA, Design, R&D, University Research.
Senior Life Member of IEEE. Life Fellow of AES.

IEEE, Consumer Electronics Society, Audio Engineering Society.
Broad teaching experience; work experience mostly in consumer electronics and conversion from analog to digital technologies. Pioneer in digital audio at all levels.

BSEE (Equiv) BYU BSEE University of North Dakota MSBA (MBA) Illinois State University Graduate Studies in Computer Science - Bradley University Graduate Studies - Ohio University Graduate Studies - University of Missouri Kansas City DeVry Tech - Electronics