Electrical Engineering/Quadrilateral Cycle.

Dear Prof Cleggsan

Is it possible to design and Construct a quadrilateral Cycle i.e Cycle with four wheels?.

One front and three rear wheels for the cyclists.

First, I am not sure the term Quadrilateral is a proper descriptor for the 4 wheel cycle you are proposing.

Second, engineering creativity is beyond our expectations, always.  It would be no great feat for today's creative engineers and scientists to build such a machine.  Maybe they already have done so. As you probably know there are many, many quad wheeled bikes and cycles but with two wheels at front and two wheels at the back.

Thirdly, what purpose would there be for the third wheel at the back?  It seems like a useless concept and I doubt if there is any purpose or market for the idea.

That is my opinion.

Electrical Engineering

All technical areas of Electronics Engineering.

BSEE, MBA, Design, R&D, University Research.
Senior Life Member of IEEE. Life Fellow of AES.

IEEE, Consumer Electronics Society, Audio Engineering Society.
Broad teaching experience; work experience mostly in consumer electronics and conversion from analog to digital technologies. Pioneer in digital audio at all levels.

BSEE (Equiv) BYU BSEE University of North Dakota MSBA (MBA) Illinois State University Graduate Studies in Computer Science - Bradley University Graduate Studies - Ohio University Graduate Studies - University of Missouri Kansas City DeVry Tech - Electronics