Electrical Engineering/Smartphone Memory full warning indication.

Dear Prof Cleggsan

Is it possible to program the Smartphone device by generating a alarm sound Bell and a red led Flashing indicating the user that the internal memory is full?.

Most versions of iphones and android phones have built-in low memory features.  But, they don't give audible warning.  I don't know if a beep sound can be programmed or not.

I looked for an app that would add the sounding and flashing indication but did not find one.

If no app is available, and it seems there is not, such an app could be created, I would think.

But, is there a need/market?  Probably not as most of the current versions of smartphones have warning pages that come up well ahead of the memory running out and when a file/program is downloaded a warning comes up automatically when memory space is not enough.  

Electrical Engineering

All technical areas of Electronics Engineering.

BSEE, MBA, Design, R&D, University Research.
Senior Life Member of IEEE. Life Fellow of AES.

IEEE, Consumer Electronics Society, Audio Engineering Society.
Broad teaching experience; work experience mostly in consumer electronics and conversion from analog to digital technologies. Pioneer in digital audio at all levels.

BSEE (Equiv) BYU BSEE University of North Dakota MSBA (MBA) Illinois State University Graduate Studies in Computer Science - Bradley University Graduate Studies - Ohio University Graduate Studies - University of Missouri Kansas City DeVry Tech - Electronics