Electrical Engineering/Implementing unicode characters in strong password.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Prof Cleggsan

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unicode_characters
http://unicode-table.com/
http://unicode.org/charts/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Password_strength

Do you feel Strong password can be implemented using combination of Unicode characters, uppercase, lowercase, numbers and special characters ?.

Do you feel this can add more application level security by implementing unicode characters in strong password ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: I don't understand why one would want to use unicode characters in structuring passwords.

If you google this subject you will find that it has been tried around the world but it has mixed views.  Some countries that use non-english characters and they feel it improves security but that is only because it increases the entropy of a given password.  And it does not have to be unicode characters to get the same protection.

But, again, this question is not in my field and I am not expert on this subject. I suggest you consult with other experts closer to the subject matter.

QUESTION: Dear Prof Cleggsan

Thanks.

Which among the two is a strong password?.

1 All Unicode characters
2 Combination of uppercase, lowercase,number,special and Unicode characters.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Who knows.  Strength of password is statistical and ever changing depending on algorithms used by hackers to break the PWs. And how often them break through the trends in writing PWs.

Best passwords are those that change rapidly and secretly.  If the password is encrypted and changing automatically each time it is used it is much more difficult to break.

But this is a software field of interest and this column is devoted to electrical engineering and preferably hardware end of engineering.  

Electrical Engineering

cleggsan