Electrical Engineering/Dual Sided Television and Monitor Set.

QUESTION: Dear Prof Cleggsan

Is it technically feasible to design and manufacture a Dual
sided Television set or PC Monitor ?.

Dual Sided - Front and Back of the TV or Monitor , the Display will be visible. The people viewing from the front as well as people who are sitting at the back side will be able to view TV programs channels or Computer programs.

If it is possible to construct, will there be demand in the consumer market for this products ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Hello,
I have seen them installed in places for effect; but they were really just two digital flat screen panels placed back to back with a little air space between them to prevent heat build up.

Technically, it is very possible. The question in my mind is what market opportunity is there?  The use of flat screen tvs mounted on the wall seem to be the going trend.  Perhaps the airport or large retail shops might be such places for double sided display monitors or tv.  

What do you think?

QUESTION: Dear Prof Cleggsan

Is Dual Sided Television set possible to Construct?.

Real time channels viewing from Front and Back - Rear side.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Yes, technology wise it is no problem.
Yes, the two screens can run video programs simulteneously and separately.  It is easy.
The market is probably for commercial, industrial, point of sale in retail stores, etc.
I don't see any market for the consumer usage.

Samsung has recently been showing a single large screen LCD panel that shows video program on front side and back side of the single panel.

I am curious of your interest in this.  

Electrical Engineering

All technical areas of Electronics Engineering.

BSEE, MBA, Design, R&D, University Research.
Senior Life Member of IEEE. Life Fellow of AES.

IEEE, Consumer Electronics Society, Audio Engineering Society.
Broad teaching experience; work experience mostly in consumer electronics and conversion from analog to digital technologies. Pioneer in digital audio at all levels.

BSEE (Equiv) BYU BSEE University of North Dakota MSBA (MBA) Illinois State University Graduate Studies in Computer Science - Bradley University Graduate Studies - Ohio University Graduate Studies - University of Missouri Kansas City DeVry Tech - Electronics