Electrical Engineering/Cybercafes Inside airports.

Dear Prof Cleggsan

Do you suggest to have cybercafes Inside airports - Local and International in all countries?.

This is not an electrical engineering question so I presume you wish an independent opinion.

In my opinion it makes no sense to establish cybercafes in airports of the top industrial nations.  Why?  Because most travelers carry with them smartphones or tablets that can connect to WiFi or data downloading services and would not pay for the service.

It may be more sensible in locations where the business customer needs a place to connect his laptop PC or for those who carry no terminal or device with them but want to check their emails or other matters online.  But even in the underdeveloped nations more and more passengers are carrying a device of some sort that will connect.

If I were a businessman I would think twice about opening a cybercafe; the future does not look promising as an investment.

Hope this helps.  

Electrical Engineering

All technical areas of Electronics Engineering.

BSEE, MBA, Design, R&D, University Research.
Senior Life Member of IEEE. Life Fellow of AES.

IEEE, Consumer Electronics Society, Audio Engineering Society.
Broad teaching experience; work experience mostly in consumer electronics and conversion from analog to digital technologies. Pioneer in digital audio at all levels.

BSEE (Equiv) BYU BSEE University of North Dakota MSBA (MBA) Illinois State University Graduate Studies in Computer Science - Bradley University Graduate Studies - Ohio University Graduate Studies - University of Missouri Kansas City DeVry Tech - Electronics