Electrical Engineering/Digital Camera interface with USB Flash drive.

Question
Dear Prof Cleggsan

Is it possible to interface Digital Camera with USB Flash drive?.

Instead of saving the photo images in the internal Camera memory, Can they be saved in external USB Flash drive?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
I am not certain. I think it depends on the features of the specific camera.

However, most cameras with USB are intended to connect to a pc where photo images can be sent for further processing and storage.

I didn't have time to check several camera manuals, but that is what we'd need to do to get an answer to this question.  Perhaps there are camera experts on Allexperts that know more of the detail.

May I refer you to the following:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Cameras-3213/indexExp_32918.htm

Best wishes.  

Electrical Engineering

cleggsan