Electrical Engineering/Digital Camera interface with USB Flash drive.

Dear Prof Cleggsan

Is it possible to interface Digital Camera with USB Flash drive?.

Instead of saving the photo images in the internal Camera memory, Can they be saved in external USB Flash drive?.

I am not certain. I think it depends on the features of the specific camera.

However, most cameras with USB are intended to connect to a pc where photo images can be sent for further processing and storage.

I didn't have time to check several camera manuals, but that is what we'd need to do to get an answer to this question.  Perhaps there are camera experts on Allexperts that know more of the detail.

May I refer you to the following:

Best wishes.  

Electrical Engineering

All technical areas of Electronics Engineering.

BSEE, MBA, Design, R&D, University Research.
Senior Life Member of IEEE. Life Fellow of AES.

IEEE, Consumer Electronics Society, Audio Engineering Society.
Broad teaching experience; work experience mostly in consumer electronics and conversion from analog to digital technologies. Pioneer in digital audio at all levels.

BSEE (Equiv) BYU BSEE University of North Dakota MSBA (MBA) Illinois State University Graduate Studies in Computer Science - Bradley University Graduate Studies - Ohio University Graduate Studies - University of Missouri Kansas City DeVry Tech - Electronics