Electrical Engineering/Watching tv programs on smartphone device.

Question
Dear Prof Cleggsan

Is it possible to watch tv programs on smartphone device by interfacing with Wireless external tv tuner device?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
http://hookedondroid.com/watchmoviesondroid.html

The above link talks about a site which feeds tv and movie programs that allow android phones to watch.  The site mentioned in the above link has been closed down as far as I can tell.

The moral to the story is that you must have legal permission from the broadcaster to do so.  You can use such services as netflix and other authorized rebroadcasters and the associated APPs to do so.  But there are legal matters to overcome and payments to the service provider to get the regular tv programs.

However, there are a number of public domain movies and entertainment programs available on YouTube.com for which a smartphone or tablet can connect to easily.

I don't know of any wireless tv tuner that you mentioned being available.  

Electrical Engineering

cleggsan