Electrical Engineering/solar lights

Question
I have been reading and watching on youtube about a man in the Philippines who has perfected solar powered light made from plastic bottles and using garden lights for the solar power.  As it really caught my interests, I decided to see if I can construct one, however, the man illustrating the method is hard for me to understand. Have you heard about this, and do you have any idea if this really works.  I think what I really need is instructions, or possibly on paper,how to do it.  Any ideas?

Answer
I just saw the youtube.  It's not what I thought.  He is only filling a plastic bottle with water to act as a lens.  There is no solar power source of electricity.  

The water-filled bottle is placed upside-down in the ceiling/roof of the room.  The sunlight goes into the flat top and sides of the water bottle, and is spread out into the room below by the lens action of the curved surface of the bottle.

Hope this helps!

Dave  

Electrical Engineering

Dave Nyce