Electrical Engineering/circuits

Question
corr or not
corr or not  

5 o 6
5 o 6  
Hi sir ,  I have two  questions ,one  is that the answers given about the circuit are correct or not in the images corr or not
when i am solving ,dont getting these answers ,and i have read in comments somewhere something like  that “in this book there are mistakes in answers or solutions”(i dont exactly remember the words) and the book is fundamental of electric circuit 5th edition charles k alexander and mathew n.o sadiku., another problem that i solve from this book and found same issue that my answer is 18.6 and book's answer is 19 and it was practice problem 2.10 of that book,and its difficult for me to find my solved answer of corr or not,from my register,but that was not the same as given in book. . 
my second question is about the image 5 o 6 ,and the question is that when they combine  the last resistor of 5 ohm, with 1 ohm in its series,why they place the equivalent 6 ohm in the place of 5 ohm and why not to the place of 1 ohm,?is there any general rule?or just because there will a parallel combination?and  why they did’nt solve in the way to add 4 2 2 and 8 ohm in series and make parallel with six,and in this case,answer  would be different ,actual answer is 14.4 and in this case,the answer will be 4.3. .

Answer
In figure 2.28, the answer is correct except that I3 is actually 2.5A.

In figure 2.39, 5 in parallel with 20 is 4.  4 + 1 is 5.  5 in parallel with 20, = 4.

4 + 2 = 6.  9 in parallel with 18 = 6.  The two 6 in parallel = 3.  3 in series with 16 = 19.  So, the given answer is correct.

Hope this helps!

Dave  

Electrical Engineering

Dave Nyce