Electrical Engineering/Integrated Inkjet Printer and Plotter Product.

Dear Prof Cleggsan

Is it technically feasible to combine both the Functions of a color printer and Color Plotter device?

I.e Design and Construct a single product which will allow to print with the color Inkjet cartridge when required and plot the drawings with the Plotter pens when required.

It seems the design and technology of the two devices are not compatible and to integrate the functions would be tantamount to putting the printer and plotter inside one big box which would become a foolish solution.

It does not seem a likely product could result from trying to integrate the two dissimilar functions.

That being said, there are always creative solutions for such and here is a conversion story of one who converted and old printer into a device that will do plotting:

I include the above link for your laughter.  

Electrical Engineering

All technical areas of Electronics Engineering.

BSEE, MBA, Design, R&D, University Research.
Senior Life Member of IEEE. Life Fellow of AES.

IEEE, Consumer Electronics Society, Audio Engineering Society.
Broad teaching experience; work experience mostly in consumer electronics and conversion from analog to digital technologies. Pioneer in digital audio at all levels.

BSEE (Equiv) BYU BSEE University of North Dakota MSBA (MBA) Illinois State University Graduate Studies in Computer Science - Bradley University Graduate Studies - Ohio University Graduate Studies - University of Missouri Kansas City DeVry Tech - Electronics