Electrical Engineering/Installation of Intercoms in long distance express trains.

Question
Dear Prof Cleggsan

Is it technically feasible and useful to install Intercoms in long distance express trains?

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Yes. Go ahead. It would be basic technology solutions that could provide such type of communication system for trains.

I it useful?  Don't know but my opinion is it would be useless and confusing with the trains annunciation system that is one way and limited two way for passenger information.  Most passenger trains have announcing systems for train stop and station information to be heard throughout the cars and limited passenger emergency talking to the train official operators.  

Electrical Engineering

cleggsan