Electrical Wiring in the Home/multiple circuits in one conduit

AnotherAmateur wrote at 2013-01-27 02:17:54
You can share a neutral if the phase A and Phase B are on the same breaker serving a load or loads that use both A & B together.  Think of a typical home with "Red"/phase A and "Black"/Phas B going to 240V between each other (and 120V to Neutral).  If you run one neutral but are splitting the use of that Red and Black for 120V stuff then the Neutral will end up carrying too much, getting overheated, and starting a fire.  ...So consider this seriously.

About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Ivan Ramirez