Electrical Wiring in the Home/Wiring Methods-unfinished basements

Ed wrote at 2008-08-17 19:08:32
I have seen homeowners use romex cable stapled to

the bottom of joists as clotheslines. They actually

put wet clothes on clotheshangers and hung the clothes from the romex cables. People also use the romex to rack things up in the cieling between joists.   I condemn this practice.  The running board will discourage this

and afford protection to the wiring.

Terry wrote at 2012-11-11 01:10:22
I understand that a running board eliminates a "clothes line effect". Wires running bare under the joist would make a easy place for things to hang from. A board would eliminate that possibility.

About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

J Cook