Electrical Wiring in the Home/Hot/Ground Reversed Condition

E-Contracting wrote at 2014-04-22 15:56:02
I know this is an old post, but the answerer seems a tad inexperienced with residential wiring to have not seen this before...

GFCI testers have 3 lights and a list of things that could be wrong including reversed hot/ground.  GFI testers are inexpensive, easy to use and the #1 thing they show me are outlets not grounded.

But I have seen hot & ground wires reversed on outlets in a couple separate occasions.  Both times by previous home owners who made a lot of mistakes in rewiring.  Including dangerously using speaker wire for door bell power...

Please get a Licensed electrical contractor in to check the outlet & wiring immediately!

About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber