Electrical Wiring in the Home/Aluminum wire

Can you run aluminum wire for all your 220 needs as far as National code goes thanks.  If not could you reference the codes to me thanks again

I am not aware of any codes that would prevent that from happening in a residential setting.

The ends do need to have anti-ox applied to them.

There may be local codes that would limit the use of aluminum, and those codes would supercede the NEC.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Greg Hughes

Troubleshooting electrical including appliances and HVAC.

34 years of experience.

Both college and tech schools in this field.