Electrical Wiring in the Home/Ceiling fan control knobs

I would like to install two ceiling fans in the living room. It's a big room, so it needs two. However, I would like to control them together using one Hampton Bay fan control knob. It says that it's rated for a 1.5-amp fan. How much power does one fan draw? Will two fans overload it and burn it out? Or would I need to wire each fan to be controlled with a separate knob?

There is no set amperage for a fan, so you would need to see what it is rated at.  There is also no set standard for controls, so you may be able to find one that will control more than 1.5.  You don't want to overload it, because it could overheat and catch fire.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.