Electrical Wiring in the Home/bath fan/light

QUESTION: existing wht/blk/copper and fixture has blu/wht/blk/wht...ive tried everything and trip breaker

ANSWER: I'm probably going to need more information. Does the power enter the switch the first? If so, the black and blue go to the black house wire, and the whites all connect together. The bare wire connects to a green screw on the chasis.

If you tried that, then you have another issue somewhere.  Is a wire damaged? Did you change any wires in the switch or elsewhere?

QUESTION: I think the power enters the fan first then to the switch

Then you should have two house wire cables.  The black wire coming in goes to the white switch wire.  Put tape on the white wire to show it is hot.  The black switch wire connects to the black and blue wires on the unit. The white wire coming in from the power connects to the white wires on the unit.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.