Electrical Wiring in the Home/ceiling fan works but porch light does not

The ceiling fan has a black,red,white and bare wire.
The porch light a black and white wire.
The ceiling fan and ceiling fan light both work but the
porch light is not.
There are two switches.The switch on the right receives a line from the ceiling fan.
The red wire connects to the top of the switch.The bottom
switch from a pig tail of the black wire of the ceiling fan.

The switch on the left bottom screw receives the second pig tail
from the ceiling fan's black wire.
The top of this switch receives the black wire from porch light.
The white wires are spliced together and the ground wires spliced separately.
The wiring to light tested-light worked,switches tested

Assuming that the fan and the porch light has the same power source, it is just a matter of a wire not making contact in a wire nut.  Check the white wires, and make sure they are all making contact.  Check the black wire that connects to the porch light switch from the power source.  You can carefully put a cheap neon tester on the screw of the porch light switch to check things out.  Put one probe on the ground wire, and the other on the switch screws. If there is no power at the power source side of the switch, the trouble is with the black wire going to the switch. If the other screw has power when the switch is on, the problem is probably with the white wire for the porch light.  Of course, I assume you checked the porch light bulb, and there is no reason for the porch light to be defective.  But if nothing else works, check those things out.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.