Electrical Wiring in the Home/Electrical

I was changing a light bulb and when I unscrewed the light bulb a tiny screw fell out. I seen where the screw fell out from so I attempted to screw it back in. This was one of 2 screws in the socket.  I didn't not turn off the circuit and when I was trying to screw it in I hit metal and shorted out the light and the other 2 lights that are on the same switch. It's not the breaker because other lights on different switches that are on that breaker are working. I think I burnt out the wiring or something.

Please help on how to fix it

I would start by turning all the breakers in the house off and then back on twice. This should be done every year anyhow. I that will fix your problem. If not I would like you to call an electrician. The other problem would be loose wiring. An electrician should look for that.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bill Lutz

Any questions about being an electrician or doing electrical work. I can help advise people on their wiring needs, what kind of outlets and switcher to use, explain what an electrical service is and how their breakers work. I can also help them with their lighting needs. . I CAN HELP YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR LOOKING AT.

My Father apprenticed to his Father-and I apprenticed to mine, repeating an invaluable tradition of child labor and a great place to learn a trade. Beginning at the age of 13, I worked with my dad every weekend and summer vacation in homes throughout Philadelphia repairing and rewiring all levels of residential electrical systems. Studying electrical engineering and earning a degree in architecture has given me a solid advantage in solving the myriad of residential electrical problems. Generation 3 Electrical, Inc. takes pride in every job - building confidence by how we do things - by being prompt, thorough and leaving every job site finished and clean.