Electrical Wiring in the Home/Switch/light wiring

electric guy wrote at 2012-12-02 11:02:05
The blk wire you have on bottom of switch is actually wire for light that is working off of switch. It is not the power wire. The power wire is one of the wires in the pigtail attached to the top of switch. This is why one of your lights is staying on constantly. Turn off breaker remove wires from pigtail cap the blk wires individually w/ wirenuts. Get test light turn on breaker uncap one wire carefully test it with light. If it lights up it is power wire mark w/ tape. Then recap it, test other blk wire it should not light up. The wires that test no power goes together in pigtail on top. Power wire on bottom. All other connection as you had them.  

About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle