Electrical Wiring in the Home/GFCI circuit

Question
While running, mymicrowave kicked off the power to the GFCI circuit it was plugged into. There are a total of 5 outlets on this circuit. 3 of the outlets are GFCI. They will not test or reset. The breaker are all fine, and I checked the breaker with a meter (thinking it could be weak and not resetting). I changed the GFCI outlet the microwave was plugged into and still no luck, HELP???

Answer
If you are saying with the breaker off you are turning off 3 individual GFI receptacles and there are also two standard receptacles, this may be the problem. These can be wired so they are individual GFI receptacles, but typically they are wired and the first one is a GFI and if wired correctly the others are protected by this one GFI. Multiple GFI's on one circuit will create nuisance tripping of any or all of the GFI's. Let me know how the wires are connected to each GFI and I can determine what you have. Thanks J
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

J Cook