Electrical Wiring in the Home/home trouble

When i turn the fan off in the living room or dining room the TV turns off then right back on and the security light with a motion sensor on the shed in the back yard comes on. this also happens when the washing machine turns off. I unplugged the TV and ran an extension cord to a out side outlet just below the breaker box [dedicated circuit] and it still dose the same thing. I've run the extension cord to various outlets with the same results. it doesn't happen when i turn the fans on, only when i turn them off. I've  tightened all the wires to the breakers and no change. The entire house was rewired with 12ga with professional plugs. The good ones. The breaker box is a 200amp square D.

Robert Wilber
Licensed Philadelphia Electrician
Philadelphia License # 3516 - 16765
This information is provided for the use of parties as they see fit!
I am not responsible for the application of this information by any party, including those lacking sufficient skill or knowledge to perform these steps safely and any hazard created is the SOLE responsibility of the user.
It sounds like whoever rewired your house created a problem.
I would look at them sideways when they offer an explanation, because it was unnecessary to wire the house in 12 gauge. If 14 wasn't ok the NEC would not allow it.
Also, all devices are "professional" as they are UL listed and adequate to the task.

This is a problem I must admit I have never had to deal with.

At any rate, since your fans and washing machine aren't on the same circuits, then the problem must be at or before your panel. Since this problem didn't exist with your old service [?] it can be assumed that the utility is not likely to be the culprit. That leaves the installed equipment from the beginning of the circuits back out to the utility source - main panel, buss connections, terminations at main, meter and service termination - but it doesn't explain why dropping a small load would cause a temporary power perturbation which would be symptomatic of a serious installation defect which should be manifesting itself much more regularly and enthusiastically!

Let us all know what you find! This is one for the books!
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber

Licensed Philadelphia electrician serving Delaware, Chester, Montgomery and Philadelphia County in Pennsylvania. I install and repair residential, commercial and industrial wiring and lighting. Troubleshooting and repair of problems that stump other people is my favorite. I am willing to help people figure out why things don`t work. I understand motor controls, transformers and machine wiring. I do not teach basics to novices or do free design work.

Experience in the area I have 44 years experience in residential, commercial and industrial electrical construction and repair, 480 volts and below. This is not to be confused with one week repeated two thousand times.

44 years experience in residential, commercial and industrial electrical construction and repair