Electrical Wiring in the Home/Range Hood Wiring

Question
I have removed my range hood in order to install an over-the-range-microwave.  I believe the wires from the hood lead to
an outlet in the cabinet above. This house is only 7 years old
and a dedicated outlet for a microwave was supposed to be
wired into the original house plan. There is actually a circuit
breaker that is marked MICROWAVE in the panel.  Upon turning this
breaker off, it did turn off the light on the range hood.
My questions are,
what do I do with the wires coming out of the wall from the hood? I can see the electrical cable they come from.
Am I to assume this is a splice from the box above in the cabinet?
I suspect these wires need to be capped off but do I need to install a box to house them in the wall or should I try to push the cable that contains them into the electrical box in the cabinet above?

Answer
Sam,

You are most likely correct the wires and cable come from the box in the cabinet. That box is removeable where you could extract the cable that went to the hood and pull it out completly then reset the box in the cabinet. Doing it this way you are guarnteed removing the correct cable which is really the best way to do it. Otherwise you could just snip the wires off in the box with out removing it just make sure your snipping the right cable. Then just tape and leave the cable in the wall. But I always try to remove unused disconnected cables whenever possible.

Bob  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

PASCACK VALLEY ELECTRIC Bob Mossman