Electrical Wiring in the Home/rewiring a mobile home

Question
Hi  I am rewiring an older 1984 48' mobile home.  As i understand the kitchen is to be done with 12/2 wire and 20 amp breakers, with dedicated lines for frig, microwave and a small appliance circuit   it is a small kitchen and only has three other recepticles besides the dedicated ones.
My question is do i use 12/2 with a 15 amp breaker for the living room and bedrooms and bath or 14/2 with 15 amp breaker.  
or use 12/2 for recepticles and 14/2 for lights?
Thank you for your time
Erma Jones

Answer
Hi.

The kitchen and the bathroom outlets have to be 20 amp and 12/2. The lighting can be 15 amp and 14/2, assuming there is no local codes saying otherwise (which there usually isn't).  You should have two circuits in the kitchen for outlets, and normally the fridge can be plugged into it.  The microwave needs a separate circuit only if it is permanently mounted.

In the bathroom, the outlet must be a GFCI. You can have either only that bathroom lighting on that circuit, or another bathroom GFCI on the circuit, but not both.  If you put lighting on that circuit, then it would be 12/2 wire and 20 amp breaker.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle