Electrical Wiring in the Home/trouble with outdoor light staying on

i have a outdoor light with a day night sensor.when it becomes dark the light comes on but through the night it goes on and off,could you please give me some idea as to why this happens.

Most likely the sensor is too close to the light.  It sees the light, thinks it is daylight and shuts off.  Then it is dark, and it turns on.  It keeps doing this.  Try to point the sensor away from the light.  If this does not help, the sensor may just be bad.  They are temperamental.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.