Electrical Wiring in the Home/Understanding Heat Pump Wiring

Question
Greg:
I have a Carrier 25HCB530A300, KFCEH3101C15, with TC-PHP-01 Comfort Touch-N-Go Heat Pump System in my home. My 200amp service has a total of three double-pole breakers to operate this system (2) 60-amp and (1) 30-amp. What I would like to know is what breaker controls what part of the system? What do each of the 60's do and waht does the 30 amp do? I have determined that one of the 60-amp's controls the thermostat and have downloaded the installation guides for each component but they fail to explain how they get connected to the house service. Can you help me understand how this is integrated? Thanks in advance!

Todd

Answer
Are those breakers double pole breakers each?

Are there two wires coming from the breaker? If so, they are double pole.

If you have two 60 double pole, one is for the electric heat back up (KFCEH3101C15).  

The 30 should be for your heat pump.

Take a closer look at the panel and let me know if those are double pole.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Greg Hughes