Electrical Wiring in the Home/50 amp service

how many light and plug circuits can you run on a 50 amp circuit if you already have a 220 volt 15 amp a/c unit hooked to thepanels

If it is a 50 amp subpanel, it should have space for only 10 breakers.  A 220 volt AC would use two of those spaces, so you would have 8 left.

While there is no code that says how many, it really depends on how much is on each circuit. Remember that you have 50 amps at 220 volts, which would be the same as 100 amps at 110 volts.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.