Electrical Wiring in the Home/adl question Viking Sauna BTR 4

sauna wire box
sauna wire box  

heater wires
heater wires  
Mr. Hughes

I asked this question earlier;however, I shall ask again in order to attach the aaforementioned

jpgs. The heater has 5 wires coming from the bottom of the connection box . The connection box  

in the sauna has 6 wires. The sauna had a remote switch in addition to the timer and thermostat

IN the sauna. I do not have the remote switch.. Is this wire for the missing remote ?? Please advise.

#4 and #5 are the two heater wires, #2 and #3 are the "manual reset limit control" (high limit cut out), and it appears that #1 is the ground.  You can double check by testing the resistance of the #1 to the chassis. It would read zero if it is the ground.

But since they are both marked #1 it makes sense that they are both ground.

The mystery wire is the dotted line (on your wiring diagram) between the second contactor and the heater.

It appears to be for 3 phase, or what they are calling 2 phase.

You should not need it to be connected to anything. But it needs to be terminated with good insulation.

I am sending you a picture so it makes more sense.

The ground is not shown in the wiring diagram.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Greg Hughes

Troubleshooting electrical including appliances and HVAC.

34 years of experience.

Both college and tech schools in this field.