Electrical Wiring in the Home/Arc Fault Circuit?

Hi, I was wondering, is there any way in new construction that you can provide arc fault protection for a whole panel rather than having arc fault protection for each individual circuit?

I don't think you would want one.  Someone pulls the cord of a vacuum cleaner while it is running, and it would throw the whole building into darkness, shutting off heat and critical things like fridges, pumps and smoke detectors.  Or it would take a long time to track down the cause of an an arc fault if everything went out.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.