Electrical Wiring in the Home/Bathroom Light fixture wiring

I have a single light fixture about 48" wide now, over a vanity about 60" wide with 2 sinks. I want to "split the wiring" and install 2 separate light fixtures in the same space over each sink. I don't know what type of "T" coupling or adaptor I might need to "split" the single wire. I assume the wire is 110 watt. I want 2 fixture points.

At your light fixture you will have a black, white, and ground.

You will take your new wire (14/2 with a ground) and connect black to black, white to white, and ground to ground. You will also connect a pigtail at each connection and use that to connect to your light fixture.

If you need a drawing I can supply one.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Greg Hughes

Troubleshooting electrical including appliances and HVAC.

34 years of experience.

Both college and tech schools in this field.